[Bf-committers] 3d View performance regression

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Feb 21 01:51:44 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This morning I opened up a file I was working on Tuesday this week
>  (though the build I was using may have been from before then) in a
>  current svn build of Blender, and noticed that orbiting around in the
>  3d View was a lot slower than I remember working with previously.
> Has anyone else noticed any differences?

Just to follow this up, I downloaded a few builds from graphicall.org,
from before and after the dates of my own builds, and they all gave
similar performance as my new, slower build. I also just tried
compiling with MSVC (with optimisations) and it gave faster
performance than my old fast cygwin build.

So I guess this points to being something compiler related, chris want
in IRC suggested that maybe it was a bug in the old GCC in cygwin. So,
false alarm, no coders to blame :)

cheers

Matt