[Bf-committers] Volumetrics issue

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Tue Apr 22 19:11:41 CEST 2008

Hello:

> Nice to see the idea was doable quickly. Could you post 300*240 crops
>of the 1024*768 originals instead of scaling them down? That way
>details would be easier to see.

>>        How, could i determine the entry and leaving point of a ray in any
>> object in blender? (Note that the same object could have holes,I
>> heed the method to find the ray distance within each transition of
>> the same object) may be this is a dumb question but i get confused
>> with the render code. isec.start and isec.end will work on a single
>> object scene, but on a multi object scene no, if someone could
>> explaim me better the interiorities of the render design i could
>> progress much faster

>Blender does not know about solids, sadly. The issue was raised time
>ago, about refractions and multiple IORs.

>GSR

Well, that's bad news, no to the volumetrics core, because they are
independent of the blender arquitecture, but for the shake of
integration...

But, hey!! It wont stop me, im sure there's a way to do that, everything
is posible with a blanc source file and a programing languaje (and time)
so if I dont find a method to determine ray travel distance between
phase/medium changes in objects I'll have to implement it.
     But now im focused on core technologies (shading/shadowing/compo ops)
 It seems that integration code will take some time. (thanks GSR)

 I'll ask it again: in orther to save time digging render code/making test
to see how a function work ill preciate any experienced contribution on
that part of the blender design. What i need is something like this:

 when user hit Render btn--call--->FUN1---call-->FUN2|--call->FUN4
                                       ---call-->FUN3|

   a diagram showing function calls.

by the way, I found an issue with the SVN code downloaded : rendering a
full transparent cube with raytransp and stars bacground cause blender
crash
Any notice?