[Bf-committers] exit in blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Apr 22 11:06:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

Here's my stance on issues like this:

We *always* should choose quality over convention, independent of what
websites votes for or what "standards" big software companies forced us
upon. If requests are popular they reveil a problem, something to
seriously tackle, but requests never are by definition the best
solution.

So! If users accidentally lose work, let's tackle that. But don't play
the popularity card or the standards card. These are hollow and
manipulative arguments, only leading to mediocre solutions.

-Ton-