[Bf-committers] exit in blender

Yves Poissant ypoissant2 at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 19 17:44:24 CEST 2008

> The point is that saving at quit is so fast in blender is that it is
> a better solution that adding a popup. Why should we adopt
> an inferior solution because it is standard ?

Interesting opinion but not an argument. Standard means that people using
systems develop habits and automatisms. When a software does not follow the
standards, then those habits get in the way and produces mishaps. I lost
works because I forgot to save before quiting. My old habits kikked in even
though I was aware. That sort of software behavior have become standards for
good reasons.

> btw, there is many softwares with automatic saves, like your
> email software.

Sometimes, I just want to quit and not save.