[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [14463] trunk/blender: This is an expanded patch of this:

Stefan Gartner stefang at aon.at
Sat Apr 19 23:52:29 CEST 2008

> This should maybe be talked about in the functionality board or something,
> but what do people think of adding in default texture/sequence plugins.
> or making a seperate tree like lib for plugins.
>
> The reason I ask is we have had a couple of upgrades to the plugin system.
> (supporting float buffers for sequencer, and this one for textures)
>
> http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/plugins does not store revisions of
> plugins I just make sure they work with the latest version.  This is
> getting messy.  I haven't upgraded a lot of them to use floats (I know,
> I'm lazy, and now this will also make modifications to the plugins)
> It would be nice to have some of the standard ones under revision control.

You really should move your plugins repository to projects.blender.org.
Actually, I'm wondering why this hasn't happened yet.

> We also seem to be having an explosion of platforms supported.  It would
> be nice to have platform maintainers compiling plugins as well for
> releases. (Its getting to be more work for me to keep up with things...)

I thought "make release" did that. At least when doing test builds on HP-UX I
had to disable building plugins because of errors in the bmake script. (In
case anyone's wondering: There won't be an official build for HP-UX, it was
just a test.)

> I'll go back to my corner now and be quite. ;)

quite what? :)

> Kent

greetings,
stefan