[Bf-committers] Volumetrics Info

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Wed Apr 16 17:49:47 CEST 2008

Hello

> Mirror spheres? What about two opposing mirrors as used for infinite
> tunnel SFX? Or 20 layers of glass?

Yes, I know that when the reflection componet is on, raydeph count on
render times (a lot), I was talking to spheres without reflections.
I'll consider de treshold aproach, also the explicit user especification
where raydephs should be greater than 10. Thank you

> BTW, looking at your images, I see they suffer some serious banding,
> any idea about how to workaround that? be good to make it

Im also know the banding effect, the raycaster is far from completed and
for that reason i haven't made yet testing builds, in these cases I'll
make also a tresholded approach so is up to the user how much
quality/speed he could afford. (there are volumetrics setups with low
presition that do not show any bandings and are faster and other will
require filterings and igher presition)
The scope is to broad and i'll try to implement into Blender as much as i
can with quality/freedom as a focus, I dont to make a "make realtime flat
cloud" button but rather a whole tool where the user could do dat but also
spending more time could make thing he never imagin, and that will take
some time.
                             Keep posting feedbacks, Tank you again!