[Bf-committers] scons issues with new ffmpeg package

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Thu Sep 27 09:10:31 CEST 2007

... are fixed now :-)

Seriously: I added scons support for the ffmpeg libraries bundled with
blender. (I even learned Python for that purpose... funny language,
indeed.)

Should work out of the box for most users.

If you use the same build-tree for different platforms, you will currently
get in trouble, if you don't remove "config.mak" in extern/ffmpeg between
builds. (SConstruct outputs a notice on the console during build though)

I can simply run "./configure" on each scons-run, but that takes always
some time... Suggestions still welcome. (Sadly, you have to run configure
within the source tree. It expects to be run there...)

Setting BF_FFMPEG_LIB to something different then the empty string will
disable the building of the internal libs. (Otherwise, both would get
linked in... :)

Otherwise: enjoy!

Sincerely,
Peter