[Bf-committers] Polychop modifier

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:26:13 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, Rodrigo Hernandez <kwizatz at aeongames.com> wrote:
> Ok, couple of quick questions,
>
> How do you tessellate/triangulate a DerivedMesh?

There is no standard way to do this at the moment as far as I know -
you'll probably need to write a function to do it yourself. It's
pretty straightforward, check the first ~50 lines of
decimateModifier_applyModifier to see the general algorithm (replacing
LOD_Decimation_Info with a DerivedMesh or something, of course).

> Is there a way to get an index buffer, or will I have to build it myself
> each time (using the face array)?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by an index buffer, but you'll
probably have to build it yourself.

> and, just to make sure, I can just rearrange (maybe remove some faces from)
> the input DerivedMesh from polychopModifier_applyModifier and return it
> right?

Yes, as long as you make sure it's internally consistent.

Ben