[Bf-committers] Qdune code

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 8 02:03:02 CET 2007

My expetise happens to be graphics code.
Before you throw in the towel,look at what your code is doing .Stop building
features and optimize what you already have down.Try to get rid of code call
that a repeated needlessly.Even though processors these days are faster the
code that the compiler churns out in your behalf can make it slower.What are
your compiler setting? Are you optimizing the code or letting the compiler
do it for you? Do you have loops that you can unroll.Can you optimize
pointer usage?Are you "drawing functions" as fast as they could be?

Take a step backwards and take a deep hard look at how fast your code
actually executes.I'm quite sure you can find some bottlenecks to straighten
out.

Much love.

I forgot to change my email format again.