[Bf-committers] Qdune code

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 8 02:00:33 CET 2007

My expetise happens to be graphics code.
Before you throw in the towel,look at what your code is doing .Stop building features and optimize what you already have down.Try to get rid of code call that a repeated needlessly.Even though processors these days are faster the code that the compiler churns out in your behalf can make it slower.What are your compiler setting? Are you optimizing the code or letting the compiler do it for you? Do you have loops that you can unroll.Can you optimize pointer usage?Are you "drawing functions" as fast as they could be?

Take a step backwards and take a deep hard look at how fast your code actually executes.I'm quite sure you can find some bottlenecks to straighten out.

Much love.