[Bf-committers] Python Error, check console (Add->Mesh->Torus)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu May 17 13:52:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

what is the cause of this problem? Is it the fact that I have Python 2.3
installed on my system?

I get the following error when I try Add->Mesh->Torus:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 9, in ?
ImportError: No module named math

When running Blender, I get:

Compiled with Python version 2.4.1.
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Checking for installed Python... No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available.  Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

(Not so happily appearently ;-)

If *built-in* functionality requires a certain Python version (and sorry,
but Add->Mesh->Anything *is* built-in, no matter how it is implemented),
that should be clearly stated somewhere...

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]      instinctive mediaworks

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive

!DSPAM:18,464c49f756695577016871!