[Bf-committers] Python Error, check console (Add->Mesh->Torus)

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 15:02:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

--- Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:

> what is the cause of this problem? Is it the fact
> that I have Python 2.3
> installed on my system?

On Linux, we depend on the installed Python for all
libs (unlike Windows where we ship some py libs with
Blender and OS X where we can be sure of the installed
version), so yeah, if you don't have the correct
version, you pay for it. (I think it's listed as a
required dependency for Linux and other systems where
we link dynamically)

Py 2.3 is prehistoric, time to upgrade.

Martin

http://tv.yahoo.com/