[Bf-committers] 9, 10 & 11th of May project migration days (CVS to Subversion transition)

Marco Walraven m.walraven at terantula.com
Tue May 1 13:32:52 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

After a bit of bad planning from my side here the definate planning for the projects move. 9, 10 and 11th of May projects will be moved from the current server to the new server.

This involves the transition of CVS to Subversion, migration of the project space and the mailinglists. The repository will be frozen as of the 9th, meaning there will be no write access only read access. As soon as Subversion is in place on the new server, the new svn repositories will be opened up read only and available for the developers to check. Write access will be restored if everything is tested and looks healthy. CVS repositories stay available (read-only) for checking purposes (no updates to cvs after svn is in place).

Login access to the GForge project pages will also be denied until GForge is smoothly running on the new server. I expect some overhead there since the database layout has to overcome some changes. The mailinglists will move along and made available through lists.blender.org.

Hopefully everything is clear...

Marco

--
 Terantula - Industrial Strength Open Source
 phone:+31 64 3232 400 / www: http://www.terantula.com / pgpkey: E7EE7A46

!DSPAM:18,46372570888176403059026!