[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Idea

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:00:32 CET 2007

I think he's talking of something like Apple FCP can do. Basically you
have a large project on a workstation (let's say 1080p HD res), then
you create an offline 320x240 version. This version is about 1/25th
the original size. Copy this project to the laptop and you can edit on
the road. When you get back to the office, simply open the more recent
project on the workstation, relink it to the HD footage, and render
the project out.

Or better yet, simply edit the video and the lower res in real-time,
then use the HD res for rendering the final project.

Can't tell you the number of times I've wanted this feature.

Timothy

On 3/12/07, Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Michael Robinson wrote:
>
> > I am interested in improving the video sequence editor.  I would like
> > to make the editor resolution independent.  My laptop is not fast
> > enough to edit full frame sequences, so I want to implement the
> > ability to automatically create low resolution preview sequences.
>
> How would that be different from changing the SizeX/SizeY values in the
> scene buttons of your sequencer scene and turning off OSA?
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | xx-mail.com/instinctive     http://www.instinctive.de

re·cur·sive      /rɪˈkɜrsɪv/: Adj. See Recursive.