[Bf-committers] a help menu glitch

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Mar 6 10:56:53 CET 2007

< KL> on #blendercoders had a thought:
"we should have a button "quick start guide" in the help menu, nope?"

and i guess we should - perhaps the same py open command that opens urls
can open the local pdf too? or from the net?

but while testing the menu entries it also appeared that the first
entry, 'Getting Started', is broken now - i guess due to the CMS
changes? it points to
http://www.blender3d.org/Help/?pg=GettingStarted&ver=243 which seems
correct, but the redirect there does not work.

AFAIK Matt is maintaining these links, and as you know about the CMS
update too, perhaps you can fix that and do something about the quick
start guide too?

cheers,
~Toni