[Bf-committers] Preliminary Design (render api)

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 01:24:31 CEST 2007

Campbell,

I believe you're right, I shall change it so something like

void *get_objects_by_type( int type_bitflag, void *from )

replaces

void *get_geometry_by_type( GEOMETRY_TYPE type, void *from )
void *get_lights( void *from )
void *get_geometry( void *from )

However, I'd like to keep the option of getting these object _from_ a
specific source. I think this would allow a good deal of flexibility,
for example, you could perform queries that return a dataset, but then
you could perform further queries on that dataset alone. This allows
the user to narrow their dataset by queries until they have exactly
what they want.

Aaron