[Bf-committers] MSVC 7.1, compilation problem with readfile.c

Chris Burt desoto at exenex.com
Sat Jun 2 14:48:27 CEST 2007

I, for one, am not signed up to this list to get mails full of
people's compile errors. My personal opinion is that there should
either be a list specifically dedicated to troubleshooting Blender, or
that we need to find someone to step forward for support on each
individual platforms. The former sounds easier than the latter.

I understand its not always easy to alert developers to compiling
problems but I've seen one too many emails with 200 lines of
gibberish.

The other problem I have here is that there is no text to go along
with this particular email. I just woke up, and on Saturday morning
the last thing I want to see is something with no friendly, "Hi guys
I've recently started having compile problems after updating on
Tuesday..."

To just paste the errors is like simply saying, "hey its broken,
someone fix it."

Once again, I'm not trying to speak for anyone, and these are my opinions.

Regards,
--Chris