[Bf-committers] Export to Proprietary MAYA Modeler

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Jun 2 01:08:50 CEST 2007

On 02/06/2007, at 3:36 AM, Esben Stien wrote:

> Joe Eagar <joeedh at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> He's written a script that exports curves to collada
>
> No. It uses a library that is not collada. It might look like collada,
> but it's not. I don't care about what application can read what
> now. I'm just interested in getting curves out of blender in a
> standard format; any format. (not a broken format)

This is what the developers of FCollada said about this on their
forum when I raised it [1] :

"Splines are still being discussed by the COLLADA working group and
until we have reached a conclusion, we have no plans to modify the
current way it is supported in our COLLADA tools.

Do note that once a conclusion has been reached, we will be modifying
our COLLADA tools to support that conclusion. We are committed to
COLLADA compliance and our current export of splines should pass
through the schema."

How much you agree with this or not is up to you, just throwing it
out there. For me, practicality trumps all.

cheers,

Matt

[1] http://www.feelingsoftware.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,86/
topic,316.0/lang,en