[Bf-committers] NDOF - viewmoveNDOF patch

OS olivier.saraja at free.fr
Mon Jul 23 23:27:36 CEST 2007

Le Lundi 23 Juillet 2007 23:13, sfogoros a écrit :
> Can you describe the difficulties? Does it function at all? What
> platform? I suspect there may be range and scaling mismatch that would
> make the device either seem to not function by not having any movement,
> or too much movement.

Sure! In fact, it basically works: actions on the Space Navigator give
reactions.

When moving one side, for example, the 3d view rotates accordingly;
but 'reverting' the move won't revert 100% of the time in the 3D view, or
will require many steps to revert, or will need to do another totally
different gesture, and then go back on the first gesture to be able to do it.

The two buttons don't seem to work at all...

Scaling the view (either numpad [-] and [+] or mouse wheel doesn't work at
all...

Numpad [7] give the top view, but [1] and [3] doesn't provide the regular
face/side views... [0] behaves strangely too... many times I have to use
numpad [/] to re-center on the selected object (the default cube of the
scene) because I can't manipulate the views according to my wishes.

I'm on Gnu/Linux Kubuntu 6.06 LTS, with a fresh SVN build.

Hope this is helpful, and doesn't sound harsh. I have no other experience with
the Space Navigator, so I guess part of these experimentations could
originate from bad use from me, but all the numpad manipulations looks tied
to the ndof thing, that's quite sure ;-)

--
Olivier