[Bf-committers] Trans.: Re: NDOF patch and plugin for Linux

olivier.saraja at free.fr olivier.saraja at free.fr
Wed Jul 11 08:45:15 CEST 2007

forgot to put the ML in Cc... sorry for the forwarding

----- Message transféré de olivier.saraja at free.fr -----
   Date : Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:41:43 +0200
     De : olivier.saraja at free.fr
Adresse de retour :olivier.saraja at free.fr
  Sujet : Re: [Bf-committers] NDOF patch and plugin for Linux
      À : Ettore Pasquini <ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com>

Selon Ettore Pasquini <ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com>:
> It looks like the compiler doesn't like the volatile qualifier. Mmmh... I
> compiled with scons and gcc 4.1.2 and I didn't get this error. Which
> compiler and build system are you using, Oliver?

I'll have to check: not at home until this evening, but I compiled under ubuntu
6.06 LTS. All standard packages. Perhaps it gives you some hints:
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=ubuntu says: gcc 4.0.3 and I used
scons.

> As a quick & dirty solution, I would say try to cast away the volatile
> qualifier with something like
> (const GHOST_TEventNDOFData&)*sNdofInfo.currValues);
> at line 483.

I'll check this this evening. "cast away the volatile qualifier": at the moment,
as I'm not a programmer, this doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

> Or, replace lines 464-484 of the patched GHOST_SystemX11.cpp with the
> following:

> if (sNdofInfo.currValues) {
>   GHOST_TEventNDOFData data;
>   data.changed = 1;
>   data.delta = xcme.data.s[8] - data.time;
>   data.time = xcme.data.s[8];
>   data.tx = xcme.data.s[2] >> 4;
>   data.ty = xcme.data.s[3] >> 4;
>   data.tz = xcme.data.s[4] >> 4;
>   data.rx = xcme.data.s[5];
>   data.ry = xcme.data.s[6];
>   data.rz = xcme.data.s[7];
>
>   g_event = new GHOST_EventNDOF(getMilliSeconds(),
>                                 GHOST_kEventNDOFMotion,
>                                 window, data);
> } else {

This makes more sense to me, but again, I'll check this evening.

> Let me know how this goes.

Sure! I'll be silent the next 2-3 days, but once back, I'll resume testing on
the plugin.

--
olivS
----- Fin du message transféré -----