[Bf-committers] stop motion in blender

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:43:29 CEST 2007

RICHARD SIERRA wrote:
> Gentlemen, A stop motion interface will increase blender chances on
> being adopted in a mayor entertainment studio and get a full support
> in developing blender.
Actually, this isn't likely; blender has far more useful features then a
simple stop-motion tool, that any studio with in-house developers could make
itself.
> blender is growing and Imagen the exposer it will get; I'm a 80s
> generation
> artist so Imagen the hardship of creating a simple 3d illustration
> back and those days.blender needs emotion now,so give it to it!
> To be an artist is to be crazy,because god is crazy and when we see
> the night stars;the heavens are crazy,so whats wrong in getting a
> little crazy with blender?
> Ton was called crazy, because he developed a 3d software called blender.
> Now were is Ton now ?
> yous have the technology,the codes and the supports.
> As my generation say and those days "GO FOR IT"

Nice poem.  Just remember, there are lots and *lots* of features that
people say "well, this'll make studios adopt blender more," if we gave them
all priority, blender would become a feature-bloated mess very quickly.
:)  Also, I don't understand how a stop-motion tool would be such
a great thing either, I'd think blender's fluid solver, for one, would
be much more attractive to studios.

Joe