[Bf-committers] python 2.5 and blender 2.44

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 27 06:17:24 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:52:13PM -0900, Tom M wrote:
> If we are going to go to 2.44 are we going to upgrade to the newest
> python also?  If so that should be done now, rather than later,

Let's do it where we can.

Some platforms like osx (and bsd?) are still stuck at py 1.5 or such.
For them, there is not much we can do, although python.org
does have an osx  universal binary and installer for 2.5.

A 2.5 installer is available for Windows.  Maybe it is time
to make the lazy windozers install python if they want
scripting?  This gets us out of the business of packaging
up some subset of python for Windows.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net