[Bf-committers] python 2.5 and blender 2.44

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 27 10:14:23 CET 2007

Stephen Swaney wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:52:13PM -0900, Tom M wrote:
> > If we are going to go to 2.44 are we going to upgrade to the newest
> > python also?  If so that should be done now, rather than later,
>
> Let's do it where we can.
>
> Some platforms like osx (and bsd?) are still stuck at py 1.5 or such.

For FreeBSD I committed a workaround (See
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/gameengine/Expressions/KX_Python.h
revision 1.6 , I got this from Andreas Kasparz, who came up with the
same idea as Kester Maddock did in april 2005) such that Python 2.4 and
2.5 are now OK with the game engine (it was stuck on 2.3).

Interesting side note : The problem is with Python, from Andreas: "In
".../Include/pyport.h" the pythoneers mix aspects of the internal
implementation of the python interpreter and its external representation"

regards,
   Hans Lambermont
--
http://hans.dse.nl/   () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,