[Bf-committers] Freestyle NPR for Blender: Call for developers

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Feb 25 08:23:02 CET 2007

Support is one thing, good integration is still missing in these areas.

BVH importer/exporter improvements could be renamed to "Improving
Blender for motion captuce use" - Stull like IPO curve smoothing, maybe
improve constraints so you can easerly retarget the animation from 1 rig
onto another, (Im a bit vague on that area)
Try import a BVH and apply it to mancandy.... then mix some of the poses
together. - Im sure you could fill a GSOC project with the number of
things to make this process easier.

With google earth, it would be great to have the same level of
intergration as sketchup (now multigen creator) - where you can select
some terrain in GE, model over it. then drop it back in.

Even for DXF, blender might be extended to display curve line widths and
color... as well as tools that give better cad style line manipulation.

These projects might not be so easy because they involve working with
existing code... Im not sure of GE, but BVH/Mocap and DXF/Archi tools
would be valuable projects IMHO.