[Bf-committers] Re: EU have a dream? Blender in 2012!

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Feb 6 22:30:56 CET 2007

On 07/02/2007, at 3:57 AM, Kent Mein wrote:

> Probably doesn't need saying but I second everything Brecht said.

Ditto, and ditto again for me too.

 From what I remember, that's what got the EU to let Blender be a
part of the Verse project- to be the practical application of that
research and development they're financing, so it doesn't just end up
as wasted money floating around in academia.

As mentioned before I really doubt the EU cares very much about
making open movies or about how many users Blender has compared to
other apps. What they would care about is getting a 'return' on their
investments in the academic world - so the EU citizens that they're
supposed to represent actually can derive value from the taxes that
they're indirectly spending on academic research.

Matt

(who would love to see more of the interesting things in Eurographics
papers happening in Blender ;)

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net