[Bf-committers] Universal Binaries for Mac

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 04:39:02 CEST 2007

I'm not sure there is much point going Universal with GPL apps. The
only reason most programs do it is because then they can have one CD
and one program for both code architectures, for blender it just makes
sense to make another download and distribute it separately.

On 8/24/07, ZanQdo <zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm not a mac guy but someone told me about LW going universal since
> release 9.3, checkout the links:
>
> http://www.apple.com/universal/
>  http://developer.apple.com/transition/
>
> The same build will run on Intel and PowerPC, sounds cool

If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out but
tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and no one dares criticize it.
(Pierre Gallois)