[Bf-committers] 2.45 release - py script problems

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Aug 24 19:07:20 CEST 2007

Martin Poirier wrote:
> --- jmsoler <jmsoler at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Martin Poirier a écrit :
>>> A better solution is to have the installer offer
>> the
>>> option to either take the user to the Python site
>> for
>>> manual install, automatically download the python
>>> installer and run it or skip python install (if it
>> is
>>> already installed).
>>>
>> This penalizes all users that work on an OS without
>> administrator rights.
>
> They can always choose to have non working scripts
> (those that needs the XML and other bigger modules
> that we don't already include).
>
> Martin

The unfolder script is really well written and would be a pity to loose
it - AFAIK XML support is only needed for SVG export, so its no big deal
to disable if they dont have a full install.

But I think Collada relies on python/XML so we need to figure out what
to do in this case.

--
Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)