[Bf-committers] 2.45 release - py script problems

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 24 21:37:18 CEST 2007

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 03:07:20AM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:

> The unfolder script is really well written and would be a pity to loose
> it - AFAIK XML support is only needed for SVG export, so its no big deal
> to disable if they dont have a full install.
>
> But I think Collada relies on python/XML so we need to figure out what
> to do in this case.

As Toni mentioned in another msg, the decimal module seems unnecesary
for mesh_unfolder.  Not surprising.  Decimal is for money and similar
not-really-float things.  I suspect formatted prints could fix any
problems.  Bottom line: decimal appears to be a non-issue.

For both mesh_unfolder and the Collada script, the best short term
solution is to check the xml import and if it fails, abort the script
with a nice message about installing python.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net