[Bf-committers] [11601] branches/soc-2007-mosani/source: Getting the render api branch to compile with Makefiles.

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Aug 23 16:31:28 CEST 2007

Aaron Moore wrote:
>> cwant at ualberta.ca (2007-08-14 at 2006.18 +0200):
>>> 1) The student should check what line terminators are used,
>>> for example source/blender/render/render_api/source/RND_internal.c
>>> uses both DOS and UNIX line terminators. Blender standard is to
>>> use only UNIX line terminators, and the student should fix this ASAP.
>
> Hi, first of all, apologies that I skimmed over this email for so long.
>
> So you're saying that all my line terminators are \r\n instead of just
> \n ? I searched with regular expressions in /RND_internal.c for \r and
> didn't come up with anything. I'm not exactly sure how I should fix
> this problem, assuming it still exists.

Hi Aaron,

No I'm not saying all line terminators are like that, actually
worse: you are mixing \n and \r\n in files. The committed
file was an example, and even the program 'file' agrees with
me:

pringao{cwant}/tmp/soc/soc-2007-mosani$ file \
     source/blender/render/render_api/source/RND_internal.c

source/blender/render/render_api/source/RND_internal.c: ASCII English
text, with CRLF, CR, LF line terminators

This file is a mess, and possibly others are too! Please check
that your text editor is aware of such problems.

Regards,
Chris