[Bf-committers] Re: Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editscreen.c ghostwinlay.c blender/source/creator creator.c

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Apr 15 03:44:56 CEST 2007

Hi,
djcapelis at gmail.com (2007-04-14 at 1717.10 -0700):
> Absolutely.  Install windowmaker or a similarly broken WM on another
> platform and it should do the exact same thing.  It works fine in all
> modern window managers, on all platforms.

Some WM are less restrictive than others, like allowing bigger than
screen windows (not so rare with large scrolling desktops, which the
spec mentions), and some are more (some never allow frameless windows,
not matter what the app asked for). Or is there a part in which the
spec declares windows must be limited in size for all cases? I just
found refs to maximize and panels. OTOH, many apps never go for huge
window as default size.

Let me be skeptic about "fine in all plataforms", it is not the first
time I see MacOSX users talking about strange behaviour like putting
the window below the top menu. And looking at MSWindows code, it seems
to ask for the frame size or client bounds in some cases, so I would
say in that OS it works cos Blender does something about it (tho I am
no expert on such plataform, but the calls were "intriguing" to see
there).

Before things keep on changing at random, we need a set of rules about
what the app is going to do based in params (-w vs -W, -p vs nothing,
etc), config options, system policies (what to do when a vendor
declares something as must, should, etc, maximize hint or similar
avaliable everywhere? meaning the same? etc)... then we can go on
changing things and finding workarounds.

GSR