[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editscreen.c ghostwinlay.c blender/source/creator creator.c

D.J. Capelis djcapelis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 02:17:10 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 17:54 -0600, Chris Want wrote:
> D.J.Capelis wrote:
> > djcapelis (D.J. Capelis) 2007/04/12 08:21:31 CEST
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     blender/source/blender/src editscreen.c ghostwinlay.c
> >     blender/source/creator creator.c
> >
> >   Log:
> >   Applying consistent default window behavior across platforms.
> >
> >   Now all windows open in a border as opposed to fullscreen.  blender -W restores
> >   old functionality, blender -w is now default.  This lets each platform's window
> >   manager deal with it's own issues.
> >
> >   As per issue 6391 in the patch tracker.
>
> Blender how opens with the bottom of the window poking down below
> the bottom of the screen (with WindowMaker) -- does Blender
> consistently do this on other platforms too? >=P

Absolutely.  Install windowmaker or a similarly broken WM on another
platform and it should do the exact same thing.  It works fine in all
modern window managers, on all platforms.

I would support a patch to allow GHOST to detect a broken window manager
and then make a choice to fullscreen by default, but hamstringing every
window manager on an entire platform by default simply because a few
people run old WMs that don't play nice with GHOST?  That seems like a
rather bad idea.

Any GHOST coders want to leap in the mix and help out with this one?  Or
provide some hints on where the magic resizing is done?

> Chris

~D.J.