[Bf-committers] Re: Linux, Windowed by default (patch, needs discussion)

Michael Robinson fractalgfx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:21:04 CEST 2007

I'm a linux guy, and I greatly prefer running in windowed mode, but
there is one big flaw with windowed mode.  My window manager grabs the
cursor before it reaches the edge of the blender window.  This makes
it extremely difficult to horizontally split a view.  It might be
possible to reconfigure my window manager, but  a better solution (for
me) would be to widen the sensitive area at the left and right side of
the window.

I have been debating whether or not I should try and submit a patch
that widens the area you can click on to split a window.  It is only
necessary to change the area at the left and right edges of the
window, and not the internal space borders.  I haven't looked at the
relevant code, but I suspect that treating the window borders as a
special case might be more trouble than it is worth.