[Bf-committers] Re: handcrafted makefiles, autotools, scons and cmake ?

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 13:01:21 CEST 2006

On 9/8/06, Branan Riley <branan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Couldn't get KDevelop to work at all. It was crashing at about 52%
> loaded. This could be an issue with the system I'm using, I'll test it
> on my machine when I get home.
>
> Also, it looks like the Unix Makefile isn't set up properly, either.
> It defaults to some odd settings (verse on, OpenEXR off, among
> others), and doesn't have all the cflags needed to compile. Actually,
> it doesn't have any cflags. I manually added the sdl-config command
> during configuration, but I haven't gone through and copied all of the
> cflags out of the NaN makefiles. It looks like it should work, though,
> once the cflags are set up.

Both KDevelop and the Unix makefiles shoud work once I set up the
IF()ENDIF() for that as I described in my previous response. There
will be a group of common settings (GCC C-Flags etc., which can
probably be used for Cygwin or MinW32 Makefiles too) and then platform
specific ones (link libs, include dirs etc.). So far there is just
APPLE and WIN32.

Jacques