[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern writefile.c

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Oct 27 22:42:18 CEST 2006

> --- Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:
>
> > Apart from being redundant, why would anyone ever
> > pass NULL to a function
> > that is supposed to do something with the argument?
> > It would be the task of
> > the calling function to make sure that it doesn't
> > pass NULL.

I just wanted to point out the checking for the passed in argument
was me guessing it would be an issue later on.  The program didn't
actually report that one.  Was me getting a little carried away.

I've been pretty busy here at work, and was trying to plow through some
of them that didn't take a lot of thought to them.  I'll try to concentrate
on the bigger issues though.

To add on to Martin's statement though,
I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a foobared blend file
that I can maybe import data from then just a crash.

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein