[Bf-committers] Subsurf deformation many factors slower...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Oct 27 23:24:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

While reviewing Plumiferos files I noticed some scenes were incredible
slow... especially with many subsurfed characters playback was many
seconds per frame.

A test reveiled that subsurf deformation became a lot slower, somewhere
in the months after the 2.42a release. My oldest reference build is
from sept 25, then it was slow already.

Anyone feels like hunting for it? :)
Reference files you can find in the test242.zip regression. Set subsurf
depth to three for driven_hand.blend, for example. It seems to get much
slower for more complex characters...

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org