[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting minutes - Oct 15th

Nils Thuerey nils at thuerey.de
Fri Oct 20 20:26:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

for all those who are interested in the development of the fluidsim
code, I thought I'd write a short status update... I've been quite busy
lately, so the progress was quite slow (and I wasn't around in the chat
or forums frequently). Still, there are a few updates coming up:
- improved (but also slower) surface reconstruction, this should make
subsurfing the fluidsim mesh unnecessary, and allows including the fluid
particles into the same mesh.
- Tighter coupling with the internal fluid particles: there are now
different ones, e.g., for drops and "foam" floating on the surface.
Perhaps also bubbles.
- And some bug fixes for moving obstacles & issues from the tracker.
I hope to have that ready by next week for the upcoming release.

A thing that's still under construction is the inclusion of the fluid
control algorithms, but that would be really useful, of course... I also
have an experimental 2d/3d solver, which probably wont be ready for
usage anytime soon.

From Nov. 1 on, I also wont be able to work on the solver fulltime
anymore - I hope I'll still have time for smaller updates, though, let's
see how it works out. I had less and less time the last months, but I'm
working on finishing the things mentioned above before November.

Regards,
-> Nils