[Bf-committers] Re: FFMPEG status

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:09:01 CEST 2006

Peter Schlaile wrote:
> They apply on focus out. When I made the patch, I thought I asked for
> help on this topic.
>
> The problem goes like this: if you choose in the FFMPEG-render dialogs
> a preset (like "SVCD"), values are displayed only after you move the
> mouse focus out of the window.
>
> People with a deep understanding of the blender UI: PLEASE HELP!!!

All basic UI elements in blender (e.g. panels, buttons, sliders, etc)
are deleted and re-created on each redraw loop.  Thus, to update the
panel you have to queue or force a redraw, (with allqueue(REDRAWVIEW3D,
1); if I recall correctly).  In space.c, allqueue, scrarea_do_windraw,
and scrarea_queue_windraw are the relevant functions IIRC.

Joe