[Bf-committers] Floats and dispview?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue May 16 19:34:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

1)
The OpenGL spec supports float buffer drawing since 1.0. I did find out
it's not extremely stable in all 3d cards, and slower even. So I'll
look at making this a built-in display feature of the render pipeline
(already does for display of composite buffers in image window).

The Node preview images also use float btw; but here it uses texture
drawing, which is pretty fast.

2)
Well; first there's the SHIFT+P preview now, much more advanced.
The old "disp view" failed a lot in usability. I rather first look at
making the Image Window also show renders and render updates. That's
more close to the "single window" Blender paradigm, and will work for
you nicely too.

BTW: It can work in several ways:
- use the already available image window (nice for dual monitor setups)
- like File selecting; temporally turning current window into imageview
- opening a new (temporal) Blender Screen with a full size image window

-Ton-