[Bf-committers] Blender OSX-i386 version

Timothy Kanters tkanters at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:31:56 CET 2006

Hey everyone,

My new iMac with an Intel Core duo arrived today. The PowerPC version of
Blender does run on it, but of course it has to be emulated through rosetta.

I've tried to get Blender to compile on it and after some annoyances I've
now gotten Blender 2.40 to compile. Blender 2.41 wouldn't compile because of
some int* to GLint* conversion in some shader file of the game-engine and I
couldn't disable the game-engine of 2.41 (export NAN_NO_KETSJI = true,
didn't do it, didn't check further).
CVS Blender wouldn't compile, it failed on some linking errors that I will
look into tomorrow.

For Blender 2.40 I had to compile all dependancies again (PowerPC -> i386)
and everything went pretty smooth besides some issues with SDL & OpenAL. I
ended up having to use the CVS version of SDL. Also I haven't been able to
compile the game-engine because OpenAL wouldn't compile (haven't checked yet
why). PNG, JPEG, GETTEXT & FREETYPE did all compile from the latest stable
releases.

I've got a working (sorta) Blender-OSX-i386 uploaded at:
http://www.elysiun.com/~timothy/Blender-OSX-i386.zip

BUT!!
I haven't fixed the endianess of this yes. Blender does load and run and
seems to work but there are obviously issues I will have to fix before this
can be used (as for instance the Opening graphic shows, it is mainly green
instead of red/bue). So I was wondering can anyone give me some hints as to
where to check for this?

Greets,
Timothy