[Bf-committers] 64 bits Blender usability warning!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 5 11:01:00 CET 2006

Hi,

I've received a bugtest file from our Plumiferos friends, and noticed
they are using a 64 bits compile of Blender. Reading the file back in
32 bits gave SDNA errors, which indicates there's a very serious issue
to solve.

I knew there was an old issue with mixing 32 and 64 bits blender files
for libraries, but this error I've got no real clue for yet. No time
now either. :)

We got in Orange studio a very nice sponsored AMD 64 system (thanks
Sun!), which I intended to put at home for doing the full 64 bits
cleanup after the movie is ready. Until then we should really
discourage to use Blender 64 bits binaries for any serious project,
apart from tests.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org