[Bf-committers] cineon/dxr support in Blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 2 20:48:07 CET 2006

Hi,

The trip to the HD studio was very succesful! They got a Quantel system
there, which will read our files to be able to put it on a HDCam SR
tape (seems to be the best quality format for our premiere, its
1920x1080 pixels and 10 bits/component color).

The Quantel didn't like the blender-saved cineon files, with error
"Invalid image offset"... whatever that means. But the DPX files went
OK. Even when only 10 bits/component, the improved color range was just
beautiful. The studio had some super expensive HDTV/film monitor there,
and we've been staring totally amazed for almost 2 hours at how great
the movie stills look. :)

-Ton-