[Bf-committers] cineon/dxr support in Blender

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:05:09 CET 2006

I've sucessfully ported cinepaint's cineon exporter to blender, and will
have the dxr exporter ready shortly.

Whatever blessed developer wrote the cinepaint cineon/dxr plugin wrote a
generic exporting library, so porting it was really, really easy.  I
should have a patch ready within a day or two.  I need to finish dxr
support, and go through the code with -pedantic.  The first patch will
be exporter-only.

I had a question though: is it desirable to have user-specifiable white
and black ranges?  By this, I mean that in cineon/dxr you can specify
where in the 0-1023 range black and white are (the standard is 95 for
black and 685 for white).   This is for recording the exact luminance
range of film, which I believe can record values above/below black.

The original code is GPL so there should be no licensing issues.

joeedh