[Bf-committers] some minor VC7 project files errors

koex koex.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:15:14 CEST 2006

Ivailo Stoimenov escribio':

> Hi all :)
>
> I'm using VC++ 2005 Express + Platform SDK + DirectXSDK.
>
> Last night tried to compile Blender from clear CVS tree and got some
> errors with VC7 project files that were easy solved.
> Only some mihor editions are required but since project files are for VC7
> and VC2005 converts them
> I don't think that generating a path (which I don't know how to do for
> now) is aplicable.
>
> Folowing is what must be edited so VC++2005Express to compile:
>
> * In project Extern/BulletDynamics
> add to Blender Release configuration/Post-build Event
> XCOPY /Y ..\..\..\BulletDynamics\Dynamics\*.h
> ..\..\..\..\..\..\build\msvc_7\extern\bullet\include\Dynamics
>
> * In project Intern/Build_install_all
> check boolop as project dependency
>
> * In project Blender/BL_imbuf file
> SourceFiles/cineon/Headerfiles/cin_debug_stuff.h
> change line feed to either Win or Unix style (CR LF...)
>
> * In project Blender/DNA_makesdna
> remove odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib from linker Additional dependencies for
> all build configurations.
> Everything compiles just fine without them.
>
> * In project Blender/Blender
> move XCOPY /Y ..\..\release\scripts ..\..\bin\.blender\scripts /E
> in Post-build event of all build configurations
>
> Add "memutil.lib" as linker Additional dependency to all build
> configurations
>

> I will apreciate if someone can make this edits and commit them to cvs.
>
> Thanks in advance :) Great work all of you :)

Hello.

I'm using VC++ 2005 Express + Platform SDK + DirectXSDK too. I compile
using scons and this generate another problem, the compiler can't find
correctly the path to the OpenEXR lib. It seems to try to compile using
lib\windows\openexr\lib, and this generate and error because they need
the libs of lib\windows\openexr\lib_msvc. I solved this problem with a
user-config.py that contains this line BF_OPENEXR_LIBPATH =
'${BF_OPENEXR}/lib_msvc'.

Sorry for my terribly bad english :-P

Thanks.