[Bf-committers] Halos and Lensflares slightly broken

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jun 13 14:04:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

> - For halos, the preview is everything else than useful. In
>   topmost-icon-mode, you do get a single halo (which you need
>   for designing suns, etc.) in the preview, but it scales along
>   with the halo size and thus becomes unusable with either big
>   or small halo sizes

The advantages of having a real render preview also works against us
yes. Matter of tweaking the preview system. For me it's more an
evolutionary todo though... some experimenting with all possibilities
is still needed. I'll check if there's a quick solution for release.

> - Unless I'm totally stupid, flares don't work at all anymore - they
>   are neither previewed nor rendered.

Ack, stupid flares! Will check on it. Our flares code remains pretty
primitive though, someone could write a much better system.

-Ton-