[Bf-committers] Halos and Lensflares slightly broken

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Jun 13 10:29:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

as this is not only a bug report, but a general 'usability' report, I'll
mail this to the list, also because of urgency.

I know that halos and lensflares in Blender are not the latest rage, but
anyway, they're currently broken:

- For halos, the preview is everything else than useful. In
   topmost-icon-mode, you do get a single halo (which you need
   for designing suns, etc.) in the preview, but it scales along
   with the halo size and thus becomes unusable with either big
   or small halo sizes

- Unless I'm totally stupid, flares don't work at all anymore - they
   are neither previewed nor rendered.

Please, no "BUT! We have the compositer now!" :) This is quick and
straightforward and I loved these features. Please bring them back - for me
they're a showstopper before the release.