[Bf-committers] Newbies and Blender

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Jun 10 05:55:42 CEST 2006

Wow, you hit the nail on the head with a lot of common issues.

Even for experienced users the /tmp directory is a huge problem. (auto
saves not saving is a major cause of wasted time for me)
I would personally hope the /tmp directory not be saved with the file
but be a system wide variable for all blender files unless specifically
asked to embed it by the user if for example the /tmp folder is specific
to the project....

As for save and exit dialogues, I think its fair enough to want one. i
don't see the increase in productivity gained by clicking once more to
exit.   but then again, if the /tmp file is working correctly this
shouldn't be needed as it saves a quit.blend file anyway.

Doug Ollivier