[Bf-committers] Increasing groupe name size

bmx007 bmx007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:02:50 CET 2006

> could you then please tell why that increasing is necessary, if the space
> you
> already have there is well enough to identify any conceivable amount of
> mathematical formulas.

It's necessary for 2 reasons, the first is there is bug if you exceed 10
groupsand names with size of 29
and i already have my script and i exceed these length.
(i'll give a patch soon. you can try  the model at
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/newsportal/article.php?id=117905&group=3D.Blender
it's impossible to select the group 12-...)

The 2 second is : i have to associate "string" (my formula) to vertex set. I
want to add vertex to it, delete ... rename
and keep a persistency of it (in the .blend)
So this is exactly what the group does. Why reinvent the wheel ?
I think it's the blender philosophy to reuse existing concept in the GUI
(groups are used in armatures, particles, veterx paint and vertex weight use
the same interafce ,etc ...)

What i a mean by snapping is for exemple:
   you name a 2 vertices group  : AB
   a one vertex   : AB[0.5]
and when you launch the script, the last vertex is automaticaly snap to the
middle of AB.
(it's a basic exemple)

Maxime