[Bf-committers] Dude, there is no realtime correction in the engine!

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Jan 25 00:16:40 CET 2006

I've just come to test the official linux release candidate, and I yet again
can't believe what I'm seeing and that nobody noticed it before.

Does anyone notice that the new game engine has *no realtime correction*
whatsoever?

Yes, that's true. The faster your graphics card, the faster the time in the
scene will be. This is ridiculous.

Take SebulaArma2.blend. On my Geforce 6800 GT, it runs so fast that the
whole animation is merely noticable as 'flicker'. SHIFT-D the head a couple
of times, suddenly the animation becomes visible and several times slower
(slower NOT as in "more choppy", but as in physically *slower*). I think it
should be needless to explain that this behaviour is - as sorry as I am to
tell you - totally useless.