[Bf-committers] Re: Re: EnvMapping with common texture

bmx007 bmx007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:13:25 CET 2006

The mapping reduced RayMir works fine, the problem is if you use ray tracing
the mirror color used is the color computed by the ray tracer (fine)
and if you disable ray tracing, the color used is allwas 0.
And i want nether the computed ray mirror color nether black, but i want to
use a texture color .
I try some changes of the code to do it, but the way the env-map case is
done (very complicated) makes me thinking there's a risk of regressions.

My question is , is anybody has a good reason to forbidden the activation of
the Mirror color (if somereflection is set and Ray Mirror is off).
This can simplfiy the code and and avoid the use of add "emit" to do
environnement mapping.

(for the dirt materia colors, i use texture and stenciling)