[Bf-committers] Random IPO Generator

Yann Vernier yann at donkey.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 10 21:23:12 CET 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:05:20 -0600
Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope the following "sudo-code" will give an idea of what I'm talking
> about. (Yes, it's awful, but I haven't written serious code in almost
> 10 years)
<snip>
> Hope that gives the "general idea" of how the randomness would be
> controlled.

That would be pseudo code. In this case, it's very nearly C99.. if you
just typedef int var; it basically works. But the algorithm in there is
a simple capped line, not at all random. I think you're looking more
for a randomly varying step size for a fairly smooth curve, or just
random values for a wilder one.